Here's a compilation of our lunchtime statistics from Twitter over past 2 weeks:
On-Hold Marketing Stats:
- 70% of business calls are placed on-hold
- 20% of callers make a buying decision after hearing an On-Hold Marketing Message
- Executives spend 15 minutes a day On-Hold... That's 60 hours per year!
- 70% of callers will hang up after 30 seconds of silence while holding the line
- 34% of callers who hang up while holding the line, will not call back!
- 88% of callers prefer On-Hold Messages to other options.
- After 1 minute and 55 seconds of hold time most callers hang up annoyed, a US study has found.
- On average 94% of marketing budgets are spent on getting customers to pick up the phone...
- And on average only 6% of company marketing budget is spent on handling phone calls.
For more Lunchtime stats: follow us on Twitter we're @iNarratorOnHold
What do you think?
Any of the above On-Hold Stats shock you?
Let us know which statistic is the most interesting, leave a comment below.
USA Today, Stan Rapp and Tom Collins of Maximarketing, Small Business Chronicle, Inbound Telephone Call Center, Voice Response, Inc.